Photograph Reflection



Below are two of my favorite shadow and reflection photos and two of my favorite motion and blur photos, all of which I captured a few weeks ago.  

Shadow and Reflection Photos



I believe this is the strongest out of the reflection photos I managed to capture. 
Something about this image simply intrigues me. The abstract features of the clock, the color, how sharp the features appear, and the reflection of the lights in the background make the clock stand out. I believe this image emits a certain calming feeling and could be interpreted in many ways.



Out of all of the shadow images I managed to capture I feel this image is the strongest. 
Although it seems basic to capture a persons shadow I feel it represents a true shadow of one's self.
A shadow self is an unconscious aspect of the personality which the conscious ego does not identify in itself. These aspects are often rejected or hidden hence the name "shadow" self. A shadow self is often considered negative aspects such as low self esteem or depression. In this photo I feel the subject is looking at his shadow self and accepting these "negative" aspects of himself. 


Motion Blur Photos 



Above are two of my personal favorites out of all of my motion and blur photos. The first image was captured at a bowling alley. In this image I managed to capture the ball mid air after it was thrown down the alley toward the pins. I also managed to capture my brothers body in action after he threw the bowling ball. In order to capture this motion in action without it being blurry I had to adjust my camera to a very fast shutter speed. A faster shutter speed allowed me to capture photos in action with no blur. 

The second photo was captured on my way home. In this photo I managed to capture the trees and speed limit sign as I was passing by. I find it quite ironic that the speed limit is included in this photo. In a way the speed the image was captured at was a little below 40 miles per hour. By setting my camera to a slow shutter speed, I managed to capture this photo and the blur affect of the subjects as I was passing. To be quite honest I feel this photo probably could have been captured with the same affect even if it were a fast shutter speed, considering the speed we were traveling at. 

Comments