Texure Overlays



Above is two of my favorite texture overlays out of all of my compositions. Although I did not use the GIMP software to edit these images editing these compositions in Photoshop was fairly simple. Here are the several steps I used to edit these images!

Step 1: Place the texture on the image. You can simply open an image from your gallery and drag it over your original image.
Step 2: Next you will size it to fit. Press Cmd/Ctrl+T for free transform, Hold down the Shift key and drag out from the corner.
Step 3: At this point, your texture image will be completely covering your original image (first layer). In order to make the second layer visible you would have to use a blending mode. Next, you will select a Blending mode in the toolbar. The modes allow you to lighten the second layer (texture image) or darken the second layer. I chose the option to lighten my second layer which made my first layer image visible while still being able to see the second layer.
Step 5: To adjust how visible your first layer image is you use the opacity tool in the toolbar. 



Comments